The startup process is messy and unpredictable—licensing intellectual property, producing a manufacture-ready prototype, lining up customers, raising money—all are critical and daunting. The Jones + Foster Accelerator program helps early-stage, student-led companies through those decisive first six months.
The Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship has $200,000 in funding for student startups coming out of the Business Plan Competition, Environmental Innovation Challenge, or UW’s entrepreneurship coursework.
Jones + Foster Accelerator companies receive:
- Mentoring from a committee of entrepreneurs and investors
- Guidance creating a list of measurable milestones
- Workspace in the Herbold Innovation Lab in Dempsey Hall
- Monthly meetings with an advisory board of experienced mentors
- Workshops on a variety of topics relevant to the companies in the program (leadership, negotiation, strategic thinking/planning, business sustainability, etc.)
- Connections to the Seattle entrepreneurial community
- Up to $25K in follow-on funding (if milestones are met)
If you’re serious about starting your company, and willing to devote the time and energy needed to get your startup off the ground, the Jones + Foster Accelerator may be for you!
Questions? Contact Amy Sallin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-685-9868.