The nationally-ranked, award-winning Certificate of International Studies in Business Program gives undergraduate Foster School students the competitive edge they need to succeed in global business. Its mission is to prepare undergraduate students to become leaders in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse business world.
To fulfill this mission, CISB provides students with the opportunity to enhance a world-class business education and functional specialties with:
- Global business knowledge and skills
- World region specialization
- Foreign language proficiency
- Practical experience in international business
- Overseas learning experience
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Leadership development
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Foster School 9th in the nation among public universities for international business.
CISB graduates across the globe value the transformational experiences they had while in the program, and the critical importance of foreign language, leadership and cross-cultural understanding in doing business internationally.
Benefits of CISB
- Community of 130 like-minded students within the Foster School.
- Cross-cultural skills developed through language immersion and experience abroad.
- Networking opportunities in greater Seattle, the most internationally-tied region in the U.S.
- Leadership skill development through an active student organization.
- Practical experience through international business internships and consulting courses.