This one-day workshop will help you gain a better understanding of key soft skills and how they can complement and leverage your existing skill set. Soft skills are multifaceted and can include interpersonal skills, social skills, communication skills, attitudes, and teamwork and leadership abilities. Typically, soft skills are more difficult to measure, but they are immensely valuable, especially as your career progresses.
Upcoming Seminar Dates
Soft skills and your career
In recent years as the tech boom continues to explode, Seattle is attracting more and more job seekers with strong foundations in computer science, engineering, IT, data analytics, and other technology related hard skills. These skills can get you in the door, but in order to continue to advance in your career, it is important to develop your soft skills as well. According to a CareerBuilder survey, an overwhelming majority of companies say soft skills are just as important as hard skills.
Benefits of attending
During this workshop, we will focus on helping you:
- Gain a better understanding of your own communication style and the styles of others.
- Develop and more effectively use skills of influence.
- Understand the nuances of cultural differences as they relate to team work, negotiating, and leadership.
- Develop a better understanding of team dynamics and how to overcome the challenges of team projects and leverage the strengths of a team.
- Improve your presentation skills.
- Foster practical facilitation skills.