Office: 570 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
“Begin by listening. Whether it's to people, to data or to text, listening is always the starting place.”
- Lecturer of Management
- PhD University of Washington (1995)
- MS San Diego State University (1990)
- BA San Diego State University (1986)
- At the University of Washington since 1990
- Consultant and trainer at the Boeing Company, 1996-present
- Production Director, KJQY Radio, Westinghouse, 1983-1990
- On Air Personality, KPNW Radio, 1981-1983
- On Air Personality, KRSB Radio, 1978-1981
- “Metrics 2.0: Creating Scorecards for High Performance Teams and > Organizations“
Book: Huwe, R., (2010). Praeger
- "The High Atlas Foundation: Sustainability Entrepreneurship in Rural Morocco." Case written for the first annual Global Sustainability Case Competition hosted by ReThink in partnership with Accenture. April 2016.
- Current trainer for "Presentation Skills that Get Results" at the Boeing Company.
- Leader of the "Partners in Leadership" program that ran for six years at the Boeing Company.
- Invited speaker and negotiation consultant to the SPEEA union representing technical and engineering employees.
- Developed management tools to improve worker utilization, satisfaction and productivity that were a primary component of an instructional CD rom created by the Boeing Company.
- Numerous speaking engagements to the University of Washington Medical School providing team building and negotiation training.
- Authored a performance appraisal system and provided training to 250 managers and executives to use it, Puget Power and Light Company.
- Conducted extensive studies of white-collar labor issues for the Ed Wells Initiative, an organization jointly sponsored by the SPEEA union and the Boeing company.
Honors and Awards
- Nominee, Undergraduate Instructor of the Year in Management and Organization, 2015.
- Instructor of the Year, Undergraduates, Department of Management and Organization Studies, 2014
- Nominee, Distinguished Teaching Award, University of Washington, 2013
- Undergraduate Professor of the Quarter for Autumn for Human Resource Management, 2005, & 2006
- I teach Business, Government and Society, Leadership, Negotiations, Motivation, and Organizational Behavior to undergraduates.