Office: 485 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
Hyeunjung (Elina) Hwang
- Assistant Professor of Information Systems
- PhD Carnegie Mellon University (2015)
- MBA University of California, Los Angeles (2008)
- MS Yonsei University (2002)
- BA Sogang University (2000)
- data mining
- economics of information systems
- social network analytics
- Open innovation
- Online social networks
- Organizational learning
- University of Washington, 2015
- Formerly worked for Samsung Securities, 2e Consulting, and IT Research & Evaluation
- “Knowledge Sharing in Online Communities: Learning to Cross Geographic and Hierarchical Boundaries“
Journal Article: Hwang, E., Vir Singh, P., Argote, L., (2015). Organization Science,
- “Organizational Learning“
Book: Argote, L., Hwang, E., (2014). The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, Palgrave MacMillan
- “Jack of All, Master of Some: Information Network and Innovation in Crowdsourcing Communities,” (under 3rd round review at Information Systems Research), Elina Hwang, Param Vir Singh, Linda Argote.
- “Rebalancing Geographic Health Resource Disparity through Online Medical Consultation,” Elina Hwang, Xitong Guo, Yong Tan.
- “Online Community with Propinquity: The Effect of Physical Distance on Membership Herding,” Elina Hwang, David Krackhardt, Param Vir Singh.
- “The Contingent Effect of Distant Analogy on Open Innovation” Vipul Aggarwal, Elina Hwang.
- “Social Hiring: How LinkedIn Connection Help You Land a Job” Melissa Rhee, Elina Hwang, Param Vir Singh.
Honors and Awards
- Herbert A. Simon Doctoral Dissertation Award in Behavioral Research in the Administrative Sciences. Carnegie Mellon University, 2015
- Tepper School of Business Doctoral Fellowship, Carnegie Mellon University, 2009-2015
- Dean Sponsored Scholarship, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 2010-2011
- 1st place at K-Swiss Marketing Case Competition, 2008
- Reviewer, Information Systems Research
- Program Committee Member, Conference of Information Systems and Technology, 2015
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Annual Meeting
- Reviewer, International Conference on Information Systems
Current Professional Affiliations
- Academy of Management
- Association for Information Systems
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)