Office: 532 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
“Web retailing provides new opportunities to significantly reduce supply-chain variability and cost. E-tailers must design operating policies that exploit these opportunities as well as buffer against the uncertainties of a rapid-growth industry.”
- Associate Professor of Operations Management
- Faculty Co-Director of the Master of Supply Chain Management Program
- PhD Purdue University (1999)
- MS National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering (1989)
- BS Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (1988)
- inventory management
- manufacturing management
- operations management
- operations research
- service management operations
- supply chain management
- Analytical modeling of product-flow and information linkages between manufacturers and retailers and their redesign to reduce variability in supply chains
- At the University of Washington since 1999
- Brooke Bond India, Ltd., 1991-1995
- “Impact of Retailers with Knowledge of Supplier’s Inventory on Supply Chain Performance“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Mamani, H., & Moinzadeh, K., (2017). Production and Operations Management, Vol. 26(3), pp. 542-556.
- “Priority Allocation in a Rental Model with Decreasing Demand“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Moinzadeh, K., & Dumrongsiri, A., (2015). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 17(2), pp. 236-248.
- “A Single-Supplier, Multiple-Retailer Model with Single-Season, Multiple-Ordering Opportunities and Fixed Ordering Cost“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Moinzadeh, K., & Zhou, Y.-P., (2012). Operations Research, Vol. 60(5), pp. 1098-1110.
- “The Influence of Consumers’ Implicit Theories and Brand Extensions on Brand Personality Impressions and Overall Brand Evaluations“
Journal Article: Mathur, P., Jain, S., & Maheswaran, D., (2012). Journal of Consumer Psychology,
- “A Supply Chain Model with Direct and Retail Channels“
Journal Article: Dumrongsiri, A., Jain, A., Ming, F., & Moinzadeh, K., (2008). European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 187(3), pp. 691-718.
- “Value of Capacity Pooling for Heterogeneous Customers“
Journal Article: Jain, A., (2007). European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 177(1), pp. 239-260.
- “Priority and Dynamic Scheduling in a Make-to-Stock Queue with Hyperexponential Demand“
Journal Article: Jain, A., (2006). Naval Research Logistics, Vol. 53(5), pp. 363–382.
- “A Supply Chain Model with Reverse Information Exchange“
Journal Article: Jain, A., & Moinzadeh, K., (2005). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 7(4), pp. 361-378.
- “Modeling the Impact of Merging Capacity in a Production-Inventory System“
Journal Article: Iyer, A., & Jain, A., (2004). Management Science, Vol. 50(8), pp. 1082-1094.
- “The Logistics Impact of a Mixture of Order-Streams in a Manufacturer-Retailer System“
Journal Article: Iyer, A., & Jain, A., (2003). Management Science, Vol. 49(7), pp. 890-906.
- “Scheduling Priority Classes in Subscription-Based Rental Service,” with A. Dumrongsiri and K. Moinzadeh
- “A Single-Period Inventory Model with Multiple Ordering Opportunities and Fixed Ordering Cost,” with K. Moinzadeh and Y. Zhou
- “Scheduling and Pricing to Manage Variability in Information Processing Services, with D. Dey, Y. Tan and G. Zhang
- “An Empirical Study of Rolling Forecast Sharing in Supply Contracts.”
- Motorola and Molex, India
- Process and resource planning
Honors and Awards
- MBA Core Professor of the Quarter for Winter 2009
- Introduction to Operations Management, Principles of Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- "Scheduling Priority Classes in Subscription-Based Rental Service," School of Business, Beijing University; Nanjing University, 2009.
- "A Two-Class Rental Model with Subscription Based Demand," INFORMS, Seattle, Fall 2007. (Session chair).
- "Scheduling Priority Classes in Subscription-Based Rental Service," MSOM Conference, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 2007.
- "RFID: A Technology Diffusion Model," 2006 Summit on Indian Manufacturing Competitiveness, Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, August 2006, Funded by NSF.
- "Priority and Dynamic Scheduling in a Make-to-Stock Queue with Demands of Different Variability," INFORMS International, June 2006, Hong Kong, Invited Presentation.
- "A Supply Chain Model with Direct and Retail Channels," MSOM Conference, Georgia Tech, 2006.
- "A Supply Chain Model with Direct and Retail Channels," MSOM Conference, Northwestern University, June 2005.