Applications for the 2016-2017 YEOC program are now closed. Please check back next winter for the 2017-2018 program application.
Established in 2006 the mission of the Young Executives of Color (YEOC) program is to cultivate the academic potential of underrepresented high school student leaders in Washington State through college preparation, powerful mentorship, and the development of real life business skills. YEOC was established to increase the number of underrepresented students in the college pipeline and at the University of Washington Foster School of Business.
What is YEOC?
YEOC is a nine-month college pipeline program hosted by the University of Washington Foster School of Business. The program currently serves 170 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors from 75 schools in the state Washington. Students attend sessions on the UW campus one Saturday every month for college preparation, business lectures, professional development, and powerful mentorship. YEOC is a FREE nine-month program. The only cost to students is transportation to UW Seattle.
Benefits of the YEOC Program
- Preparation for college admissions & scholarships
- Exposure to a variety of business options and careers
- Professional development, competitions and lectures
- Chances to win prizes and EY YEOC scholarships for seniors
- Network with professionals from EY, Microsoft, Google, Nike, Amazon, and more!
- Mentorship from an upperclassman student at the UW Foster School of Business
- A supportive network of highly ambitious high school students from across the state
YEOC introduces students to a collective group of extraordinary role models and support services, including the following but not limited to the list below:
- UW Foster leaders and alumni of color
- EY Executives & Professionals
- UW Foster Consulting and Business Development Center
- Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity
- UW Office of Admissions
- YEOC alumni
YEOC encompasses a strong supportive community that extends beyond each Saturday session. Each community partner becomes invested in the students’ futures and we provide them with the necessary support and tools to help them achieve their higher educational endeavors.
Interested in learning more about the YEOC program and receiving application deadline reminders?
To learn more about the YEOC program and receive application deadline reminders, sign up for our YEOC interest list.
YEOC Contact Information
Korrie N. Miller, M.Ed.
YEOC Program Manager
202 Dempsey Hall, Box 353223