Office: 534 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
“The online availability of information is creating new practices in production and operation systems. In these environments, it is imperative to develop information-based operating policies as quickly as possible.”
- Professor of Operations Management Chair of the Information Systems and Operations Management
- Faculty Co-Director of the Master of Supply Chain Management Program
Michael G. Foster Endowed Professor
- PhD Stanford University (1985)
- MS Stanford University (1982)
- BA University of California, San Diego (1981)
- inventory management
- manufacturing management
- operations management
- operations research
- supply chain management
- Supply chain management, Impact of information availability in production and inventory systems, Benefit of Omni-Channel distribution systems, Order expedition strategies in inventory systems, Channel coordination through multiple supply shipments
- At the University of Washington since 1984
- “Contracting Models for P2P Content Distribution“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., Li, Y., Ghasemkhani, H., & Tan, Y., (forthcoming). Production and Operations Management,
- “Impact of Retailers with Knowledge of Supplier’s Inventory on Supply Chain Performance“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Mamani, H., & Moinzadeh, K., (2017). Production and Operations Management, Vol. 26(3), pp. 542-556.
- “Supply Chain Coordination with Multiple Shipments: the Optimal Inventory Subsidizing Contracts“
Journal Article: Chen, S., Lee, H., and Moinzadeh, K., (2016). Operations Research, Vol. 64(6), pp. 1320-1337.
- “Priority Allocation in a Rental Model with Decreasing Demand“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Moinzadeh, K., & Dumrongsiri, A., (2015). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 17(2), pp. 236-248.
- “Leadtime Management through Expediting in a Continuous Review Inventory System“
Journal Article: Mamani, H., & Moinzadeh, K., (2014). Production and Operations Management, Vol. 23(1), pp. 95-109.
- “A Single-Supplier, Multiple-Retailer Model with Single-Season, Multiple-Ordering Opportunities and Fixed Ordering Cost“
Journal Article: Jain, A., Moinzadeh, K., & Zhou, Y.-P., (2012). Operations Research, Vol. 60(5), pp. 1098-1110.
- “A Supply Chain Model with Direct and Retail Channels“
Journal Article: Dumrongsiri, A., Jain, A., Ming, F., & Moinzadeh, K., (2008). European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 187(3), pp. 691-718.
- “Incorporating Delay Mechanism in Ordering Policies in Multi-Echelon Distribution Systems“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K. & Zhou, Y.-P., (2008). IIE Transactions, Vol. 40(4),
- “Coordinated Replenishment and Shipping Strategies in Inventory/Distribution Systems“
Journal Article: with M. Gurbuz and K. Moinzadeh, (2007). Management Science, Vol. 52(2),
- “A Supply Chain Model with Reverse Information Exchange“
Journal Article: Jain, A., & Moinzadeh, K., (2005). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Vol. 7(4), pp. 361-378.
- “Economic Control and Inspection Policies for High-Speed Unreliable Production Systems“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., & Tan, Y., (2005). IIE Transactions, Vol. 37(8), pp. 711-724.
- “Optimal Processing Policies for an e-Commerce Web Server“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., Mookerjee, V., & Tan, Y., (2005). INFORMS Journal on Computing, Vol. 17(1), pp. 99-110.
- “A Multi-Echelon Inventory System with Information Exchange“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., (2002). Management Science, Vol. 48(3), pp. 414-426.
- “Coordinating Orders in Supply Chains Through Price Discounts“
Journal Article: Klastorin, T., Moinzadeh, K., & Son, J., (2002). IIE Transactions, Vol. 34(8), pp. 679-689.
- “An Improved Ordering Policy for Continuous Review Systems with Arbitrary Inter-Demand Time Distributions“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., (2001). IIE Transactions, Vol. 33(2), pp. 111-119.
- “Adjustment Strategies for a Fixed Delivery Contract“
Journal Article: Moinzadeh, K., & Nahmias, S., (2000). Operations Research, Vol. 48(3), pp. 408 - 423.
- AT&T Wireless (Cingular wireless), studied the design and staffing issues at the retail stores
- Microsoft, analyzed supply chain issues facing company's intercontinental region
- Boeing Company, supply contract design
- Starbucks, studied the effects of waiting lines on company's potential loss of market share
Honors and Awards
- Ron Crocket Award for Graduate Teaching, 2013
- TMMBA Professor of the Quarter, 2013
- TMMBA Professor of the Quarter, 2012
- TMMBA Teaching Recognition-Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012
- TMMBA Professor of the Quarter, Autumn, 2010
- Dean’s Faculty Research Award, 2001
- MBA Core Professor of the Quarter, Spring, 2001
- Dean's Research Award, 1996
- Burlington Northern Foundation Achievement Award for Scholarship, 1990
- Seafirst Faculty Research Award, 1987
- Senior Editor, Production and Operations Management (POM), 2014-present
- Associate Editor, Operations Research, Department of Manufacturing, Service Supply Chain Operations, 2006-present
- Department Editor, IIE Transactions, Department of Inventory and Supply Chain Management, 1997-2000
- Associate Editor, Management Science, 1998-2003