Office: 577 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
“Theoretical financial models are important, but they do not exist in a vacuum. We need to understand the link between these models and the business world, both for our own academic research and for the classroom.”
- Associate Professor of Finance John B. and Delores L. Fery Faculty Fellow
- PhD Stanford University (1991)
- MBA Harvard University (1987)
- BS Brown University (1983)
- business valuation
- corporate finance
- dividend and payout policy; stock splits
- venture capital
- Equity offerings, Short selling, Credit ratings, Convertible bonds, Stock splits, Dividend policy, Information processing in securities markets
- At the University of Washington since 1991
- Financial analyst at Goldman Sachs & Company, 1983-1985
- “Short Selling Around Seasoned Equity Offerings“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Henry T., (2010). Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 23, pp. 4389-4418.
- “Does Volatility Decrease after Reverse Stock Splits?“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, (2007). Journal of Financial Research, Vol. 30, pp. 217-235.
- “Information Flow and Liquidity Around Anticipated and Unanticipated Dividend Announcements“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Graham, J., Loewenstein, U., (2006). Journal of Business, Vol. 79, pp. 2301-2336.
- “Volatility, Autocorrelations, and Trading Activity After Stock Splits“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Kamara, A., (2001). Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 4, pp. 163-184.
- “Prices, Liquidity, and The Information Content of Trades“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Michaely, R., (2000). Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 13, pp. 659-696.
- “How are Derivatives Used? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Pontiff, J., (1999). Journal of Finance, Vol. 54, pp. 791-816.
- “Measurement Effects and the Variance of Returns After Stock Splits and Stock Dividends“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, (1998). Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 11, pp. 143-162.
- “Who Trades Around the Ex-Dividend Day? Evidence from NYSE Audit File Data“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, Scruggs, John, (1998). Financial Management, Vol. 27, pp. 58-72.
- “A Microstructure Analysis of Ex-Dividend Stock Price Behavior Before and After the 1984 and 1986 Tax Reform Acts“
Journal Article: Koski, Jennifer, (1996). Journal of Business, Vol. 69, pp. 313-338.
Honors and Awards
- PACCAR Award for Teaching Excellence, 2001, 2008, 2015
- Charles E. Summer Outstanding Teaching Award, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2015.
- Daniel R. Siegel Service Award, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2015.
- Ron Crockett Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching, 2014.
- Ron Crockett Award for Innovation in Education, 2014.
- Lex N. Gamble Family Award for Excellence in Case Development and Curriculum Innovation, 2012.
- Dean’s Citizenship Award, 2004.
- Andrew V. Smith Faculty Development Award, 2003.
- PhD Mentor of the Year Award, 2001.
- Burlington Northern Foundation Faculty Achievement Award, 1993.
- MBA Core Professor of the Year: 1994, 1996, 2001-2008.
- MBA Elective Professor of the Year: 2012, 2013, 2015
- Evening MBA Professor of the Year: Class of 2013
- Undergraduate Finance Instructor of the Quarter: Autumn 2009.