Office: 533 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- PhD University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2016)
- MAcc University of Northern Iowa (2008)
- BS University of Northern Iowa (2007)
- financial accounting
- At the University of Washington since 2016
- “How disclosure features of corporate social responsibility reports interact with investor numeracy to influence investor judgments“
Journal Article: Elliott, W.B., Grant, S.M., and Rennekamp, K.M., (forthcoming). Contemporary Accounting Research,
- – “Information choice within disclosures, mobile devices, and investor judgments”
- – “Investor reaction to $firm or #CEO use of social media for negative disclosures” with Brooke Elliott and Frank Hodge.
- – “Trader participation in disclosure: Implications of interactions with management” with Brooke Elliott and Jessen Hobson.
- – “Distracted Investing: The effect of mobile device use and headline focus on investor judgments” with Tim Brown and Amanda Winn.
- – “Navigating through the crowd: How do features of social media platforms influence investor judgments?” with Brooke Elliott and Brian Gale.
- – “How disclosure medium affects investor reactions to CEO bragging, modesty, and humblebragging” with Frank Hodge and Rosh Sinha.