Office: 549 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
- Assistant Professor of Operations Management
- PhD Stanford University (2013)
- MS Tsinghua University (2008)
- Diplome d'Ingenieur Ecole Centrale Paris (2007)
- BE Tsinghua University (2006)
- operations management
- operations research
- supply chain management
- Inventory management, supply chain-project management interface, socially responsible and sustainable supply chain management, pricing and capacity planning in the cloud computing industry
- At the University of Washington since 2013
- “Inventory Control and Delivery Time Quotation for Project Supply Chains with Prefabrication“
Journal Article: Chen, S., and Moinzadeh, K., (2017). under review at Operations Research,
- “Incentive Alignment and Coordination of Project-Based Supply Chains“
Journal Article: Chen, S., and Lee, H., (2016). Management Science,
- “Supply Chain Coordination with Multiple Shipments: the Optimal Inventory Subsidizing Contracts“
Journal Article: Chen, S., Lee, H., and Moinzadeh, K., (2016). Operations Research, Vol. 64(6), pp. 1320-1337.
- “Motivating Suppliers’ Environmental Performance via Pollution Abatement Investments,” with Warren Hausman and Qinqin Zhang.
- “Impact of Supply Chain Transparency on Sustainability,” with Qinqin Zhang and Yongpin Zhou.
- “Pricing War in Cloud Computing: Utilization-Based versus Reservation-Based Pricing Schemes,” with Hau Lee and Kamran Moinzadeh.
- "Developing data center capacity expansion plans" with Google Inc., 2012.
- "Material release scheduling for construction projects with modularization and prefabrication" with DCH Global, Inc., 2009.