Office: 412 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Professor of Marketing J. Gary Shansby Endowed Professor of Marketing
- PhD University of Washington (2002)
- MS Moscow State Institute of International Relations (1995)
- brand management
- marketing strategy
- Branding, marketing strategy, myopic management, pharmaceutical marketing, NLP
- Associate Professor of Marketing and Sarah Graham Kenan Scholar 2012
- Kenan-Flagler Business School, UNC 2011-2012
- Visiting Associate Professor of Marketing, MIT Sloan School of Management, 2010-2011
- Gantcher Associate Professor of Business, Columbia Graduate School of Business, 2007-2011
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Columbia Graduate School of Business, 2002-2007
- “Firm Innovation and the Ratchet Effect among Consumer Packaged Goods Firms“
Journal Article: Mizik, N., Moorman, C., Wies, S., & Spencer, F., (2012). Marketing Science,
- “Modeling coexisting business scenarios with time-series panel data: A dynamics-based segmentation approach“
Journal Article: Bucklin C., Bucklin, R., Mizik, N., & Sismeiro, C., (2012). International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 29(2), pp. 134-147.
- “Merging Company Identities May Add Value“
Journal Article: Dinner, I., Knowles, J., & Mizik, N., (2011). Harvard Business Review, Vol. 89, pp. 26.
- “The Theory and Practice of Myopic Management“
Journal Article: Mizik, N., (2010). Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 47(4), pp. 594-611.
- “The Financial Markets and Customer Satisfaction: Re-examining Possible Financial Market Mis-Pricing of Customer Satisfaction“
Journal Article: Mizik, N., & Jacobson, B., (2009). Marketing Science, Vol. 28(5), pp. 810-819.
- “Valuing Branded Businesses“
Journal Article: Mizik, N., & Jacobson, R., (2009). Journal of Marketing, Vol. 73(6), pp. 137-153.
- “Firm Innovation and the Ratchet Effect among Consumer Packaged Goods Firms,” with Christine Moorman, Simone Wies, and Fredrika Spencer, Marketing Science, 2012, forthcoming.
- AMA Academic Council, Member (2012)
- Marketing Accountability Standards Board (MASB)
- --Charter Director and Project Co-Lead (2009-2011)
- --Advisory Council (2011-2012)
- Editorial Review Board Membership:
- Marketing Science (2011-present)
- Journal of Marketing (2010-present)
- Marketing Letters (2008-present)
- International Journal of Research in Marketing (2008-present)
- Journal of Marketing Research (2007-present)
- Conference Organizing:
- Brands and Branding in Law, Accounting, and Marketing Conference, April 2012, UNC, Chapel Hill, Co-Chair
- Marketing Dynamics Conferences 2005-2011, Member of the Organizing and/or Program Committees
- Marketing Strategy Meets Wall Street II: Emerging Perspectives from Academics and Practitioners Conference, Boston, MA, May 12 - 14, 2011, Member of the Advisory Committee
- Women in Marketing Academia (AMA 2010, 2012) and Women in Marketing Science (MktgSci 2011, 2012) meetings, Co-organizer
- MBA - Core Marketing Strategy, Strategic Marketing Planning, Advanced Marketing Strategy
- EMBA - Marketing Management, Strategic Marketing Planning, Advanced Marketing Strategy
- TMMBA - Strategic Marketing Management
- Entrepreneurship Development Program