Office: 523 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
- Senior Lecturer of Information Systems
- PhD University of Texas, Austin (2000)
- Mtech Indian Institute of Science (1994)
- BTech College of Engineering, Trivandrum, Kerala, India (1990)
- economics of information systems
- Security in networks and information systems, Social computing/web 2.0, Security and market structure in cloud computing, Incentives and competition in e-commerce and high-tech industries, Innovation in high technology
- At the University of Washington, Seattle
- Santa Clara University, OMIS, Leavey School of Business, Assistant Professor, 2003-2010
- University of Maryland, RH Smith School of Business, Assistant Professor, 1999-2003
- The University of Texas, Austin, Center for Research in Electronic Commerce, Research Associate, 1997-1999
- The University of Texas, Austin, College of Business, Instructor, 1998
- The University of Texas, Austin, Dept. of Economics, Research Associate, 1996-1997
- Indian Institute of Science, Research Associate, 1994-1995
- Krishna Software Systems, India Software Engineer, 1991-1992
- “Shared Distribution of Digital Products Using Multicast“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., Stallaert, J., & Whinston, A., (2008). Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol. 7(1), pp. 93–104.
- “Reengineering the Internet for Better Security“
Journal Article: Fang, F., Parameswaran, M., Whinston, A., & Zhao, X., (2007). IEEE Computer, Vol. 40(1), pp. 40-44.
- “Research Issues in Social Computing“
Journal Article: Parameswaran. M., & Whinston, A., (2007). Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 8(6),
- “Social Computing: An Overview“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., Whinston, A., (2007). Communications of the Association of Information Systems, Vol. 19(37),
- “Customized Broadband Content Provision to Local Communities“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., (2005). Journal of Information Technology Theory and Applications, Vol. 7(3), pp. 49-61.
- “Information Sharing in E-Partnerships: Toward a Consistent Data Model“
Journal Article: Jukic, B., Jukic, N., & Parameswaran, M., (2002). Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, Vol. 12(2), pp. 175-195.
- “A Market Based Allocation Mechanism for the Diffserv Framework“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., Stallaert, J., & Whinston, A., (2001). Decision Support Systems, Vol. 31(3), pp. 351-361.
- “P2P Networking: An Information Sharing Alternative“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., Susarla, A., & Whinston, A., (2001). IEEE Computer, Vol. 34(7), pp. 31-37.
- “Emerging Market Structures in the Digital Supply Chain“
Journal Article: Parameswaran, M., Susarla, A., & Whinston, A., (2000). IT Pro, Vol. 2(5), pp. 33-39.
- “Streamlining the Digital Economy: How to Avert a Tragedy of the Commons“
Journal Article: Gupta, A., Jukic, B., Parameswaran, M., Stahl, D., & Whinston, A., (1997). IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 1(6), pp. 38-46.
- “Security in Inter-Organizational Information Systems: A Networked Incentive Mechanism for Fostering Secure Communities of Organizations,” with Fang, F., Zhao, X., & A. B. Whinston
- “Security in Social Computing Networks”
- Assessing Business Value of IT
- Factors influencing Open Source and Software Piracy
- Incentive Issues in Platform Competition (in markets exhibiting network effects)
- Incentives, Intellectual Property in Joint Innovation efforts in High Technology
- Security in Cloud Computing
- Economic Mechanisms for Managing Internet Security
Honors and Awards
- Best Teaching Certificate of Recognition, University of Maryland, College Park, School of Business, 2000
- Travel Fellowship, The University of Texas, Austin, 1997 & 1998
- David Bruton, Jr. Graduate Fellowship, The University of Texas, Austin, 1998
- Summer Tuition Fellowship, The University of Texas, Austin, 1998
- University Preemptive Fellowship, The University of Texas, Austin, 1995
- William Cooper Fellowship, Graduate School of Business, The University of Texas, Austin, 1995
- National Talent Scholarship, NCERT, India, 1984-1994
- State Merit Scholarship, State of Kerala, India, 1984-1994