2016-2017 Academic Year
The scholarship application is now available. Click here to find the application.
Who Can Apply
- Current undergraduate Foster School students.
- Current UW students who are applying to the Foster School.
- Transfer students who have applied to both the UW and the Foster School.
- International students who have been admitted to the Foster School.
- International students who have applied to both the UW and the Foster School.
- Freshman Direct students who are in their sophomore-senior years in the Foster School.
When to Apply
- Students wishing to apply for scholarships for the upcoming academic year can submit their applications online.
- The deadline for 2016-2017 is April 15, 2016.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Must average 12 credits per quarter over three quarters, for a total of 36 credits during the awarding year.
- Accommodations can be made for a one-quarter internship as long as you will be enrolled for three of the four quarters during the academic year.
- If you plan to study abroad, you must be concurrently enrolled at the UW to be eligible for scholarships.
Types of Awards
- Need: The majority of scholarships, ranging from $1,000 to $2,500, consider a student’s merit and financial need in determining eligibility for award. You must be eligible for Financial Aid to be considered for these awards.
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP): There are a number of scholarships that take into consideration affiliation with the UW Educational Opportunity Program. If you are not affiliated, contact the EOP Counseling Center in Mary Gates Hall 133 or at 206.543.7132.
- Merit: There are limited scholarships that are awarded based on academic merit with no requirement for financial need. In some cases international students who have been admitted to the Foster School are eligible for these merit scholarships.
To qualify for a need based scholarship you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the Federal Student Aid Program.
We recommend mailing the FAFSA by February 15, 2016, to receive timely information for scholarship purposes.
If you miss the February deadline, we still encourage you to submit a FAFSA, as these are sometimes accepted past the deadline.
Most scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate financial need. For this reason, all students should consider applying for UW Financial Aid, even if you do not think that you will be eligible. The scholarship committee uses the FAFSA information to assist with selections even if it is determined that you are not eligible for support by the UW Financial Aid Office.
Scholarships Are Awarded Yearly
Most scholarships are for one academic year. If you received a scholarship last year, you will need to apply again unless your scholarship letter indicated it was a renewable award. If you miss the deadline, you cannot apply again until the following academic year.
How to Submit Your Scholarship Application
The undergraduate scholarship application requires that you have a UW NetID to log in. If you do not have a NetID or are unsure what this is, please visit this page.
Transfer students who have applied to the UW and the Foster School of Business should receive notification of their netid by the first week of April from the UW Admissions Office.
*** NOTE*** The login procedure has changed. you no longer need to use the “netid\” prefix with your username
202 Dempsey Hall