The Foster MBA Program selects individuals with the highest potential for achievement in the management profession—those who have demonstrated the capacity for high-quality academic work, who possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and who will contribute to the diversity of the student body and the ranks of professional leaders.
Deadlines and evaluation dates
The Foster Evening MBA Program offers one intake per year—each fall. You may apply to either of the below deadlines, however, you may only submit one application per academic year. Competitive candidates will be invited to participate in Evaluation Day, so please hold the Evaluation Day date that corresponds with your application deadline.
|Round||Application Deadline||Evaluation Day|
|1||January 20||Saturday, February 25, 2017|
|2||April 20||Saturday, May 20, 2017|
Application requirements and selection criteria
Each application requires the following:
- Online Application Profile
- Required Essays (2), Optional Essay (1)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Official GMAT or GRE Score Report
- Transcripts from a completed four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or an equivalent)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Non-Refundable Application Fee ($85)
Click on each heading to learn about each requirement.
Here’s what you can expect after you have submitted your application.
Competitive Evening MBA candidates are invited to participate in Evaluation Day, a mandatory step in the admissions process. Evaluation Day is a large group interview which involves personal presentations and group exercises designed to evaluate:
- communication skills
- decision-making abilities
- team skills
- leadership potential
Invitations to participate in Evaluation Day will be sent via email only.
For applicants whose complete application, including all supplementary materials, is submitted by the application deadline, an admission decision will be provided via email approximately two months after the above-stated deadlines. If you apply between deadlines, your application will be held and reviewed when the next application deadline arrives. All communication regarding the status of your application, including admission decisions, will be through email only.
Candidates who are admitted to the Evening MBA Program at Foster are required to attend a series of orientation and MBA preparation events prior to the official UW start date. Please be sure to mark your calendars for the following mandatory events should you be admitted to the Evening MBA program for fall 2017:
- September 15 & 16: ePRIME (Evening MBA Orientation)
- September 20: Evening Jump Start (Accounting Fundamentals Course)
- September 22, 23 & 24: eLEAD – MGMT 510 (Leadership Development Course)
- September 27: Start of regular Monday/Wednesday class schedule