Office: 473 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3200
- Assistant Professor of Accounting
- PhD University of Michigan (2007)
- MBA College of William & Mary (2002)
- BA Brandeis University (1996)
- financial accounting
- The effect of changing accounting standards on the debt contracting-usefulness of accounting information, Economic drivers of debt contract standardization, How managerial ability affects capital market outcomes
- At the University of Washington since 2013
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Goizueta Business School, Emory University, 2007-2013
- “Managerial Ability and Earnings Quality“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., Lev, B., Lewis, M., and McVay, S., (2012). The Accounting Review, Vol. 88(2), pp. 463-498.
- “Quantifying Managerial Ability: A New Measure and Validity Tests“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., Lev, B., and McVay, S., (2012). Management Science, Vol. 58(7), pp. 1229-1248.
- “Accounting Standards and Debt Covenants: Has the “Balance Sheet Approach” Led to a Decline in the Use of Balance Sheet Covenants?“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., (2011). Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 52(2), pp. 178-202.
- Measuring Financial Covenant Strictness in Private Debt Contracts with E. Owens, 2014
- Fair Value Accounting and Debt Contracting with J. Donovan and C. Larson, 2014
- Earnings Smoothing: For Good or Evil? with M. Lewis and S. McVay, 2014
- Uncertainty and Debt Covenants 2014
- Ad Hoc Referee: Accounting, Organizations, and Society; Contemporary Accounting Research; Journal of Accounting and Economics; Journal of Accounting Research; The Journal of Risk and Insurance; Management Science; Review of Accounting Studies; The Accounting Review
- AAA Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Committee, 2014-2015