Office: 473 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3200
- Assistant Professor of Accounting William R. Gregory Accounting Faculty Fellowship
- PhD University of Michigan (2007)
- MBA College of William & Mary (2002)
- BA Brandeis University (1996)
- financial accounting
- The effect of changing accounting standards on the debt contracting-usefulness of accounting information, Economic drivers of debt contract standardization, How managerial ability affects capital market outcomes
- At the University of Washington since 2013
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Goizueta Business School, Emory University, 2007-2013
- “Uncertainty and Debt Covenants“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., (forthcoming). Review of Accounting Studies,
- “Fair Value Accounting and Debt Contracting“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., Donovan, J., and Larson, C., (2016). Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 54(4), pp. 1041-1076.
- “Measuring the Probability of Financial Covenant Violation in Private Debt Contracts“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P. and Owens, E., (2016). Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 61, pp. 433-447.
- “Managerial Ability and Earnings Quality“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., Lev, B., Lewis, M., and McVay, S., (2012). The Accounting Review, Vol. 88(2), pp. 463-498.
- “Quantifying Managerial Ability: A New Measure and Validity Tests“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., Lev, B., and McVay, S., (2012). Management Science, Vol. 58(7), pp. 1229-1248.
- “Accounting Standards and Debt Covenants: Has the “Balance Sheet Approach” Led to a Decline in the Use of Balance Sheet Covenants?“
Journal Article: Demerjian, P., (2011). Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 52(2), pp. 178-202.
- Foster Business School: Introduction to Accounting and Financial Reporting (Undergraduate)
- Goizueta Business School: Financial Statement Analysis (MBA) and Financial Accounting (Undergraduate)
- University of Michigan: Accounting Principles (Undergraduate, non-major)