Office: 429 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
- Assistant Professor of Finance and Business Economics
- PhD Syracuse University (2017)
- MSc HEC Montréal (2009)
- BA HEC Montréal (2007)
- corporate finance
- corporate governance
- At the University of Washington since 2016
- “D&O Insurance and IPO Performance: What Can we Learn from Insurers?“
Journal Article: Stern, L., & Boyer, M.M., (2014). Journal of Financial Intermediation, Vol. 23, pp. 504-540.
- “Pay for Performance from Future Fund Flows: The Case of Private Equity“
Journal Article: Stern, L., Chung, J., Sensoy, B. & Weisbach, M., (2012). Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 25, pp. 3259-3304.
- “Is Corporate Governance Risk Valued? Evidence from Directors and Officers Liability Insurance“
Journal Article: Stern, L., & Boyer, M.M., (2012). Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 18, pp. 349-372.
- “A Learning-Based Approach to Evaluating Boards of Directors”
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Paper Award, International Conference on Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, 2012
- Wharton-WRDS Award for Best Paper on Empirical Finance, WFA meetings, 2011
- Bank of Canada Best Paper Award, Northern Finance Association Conference, 2010