Office: 542 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
Christina Ting Fong
- Principal Lecturer of Management
- PhD Stanford University (2003)
- MA Stanford University (2000)
- BA Williams College (1998)
- organizational behavior
- Emotions in the workplace, Creativity and innovation, Power and politics, Self enhancement and impression management
- Joined the University of Washington in 2003
- “Overcoming the self-promotion dilemma: Interpersonal attraction and extra help as a consequence of who sings one’s praises“
Journal Article: Pfeffer, J., Fong, C.T., Cialdini, R.B., & Portnoy, R.R., (2006). Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 49, pp. 1016-1030.
- “The effects of emotional ambivalence on creativity“
Journal Article: Fong, C.T., (2006). Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 49, pp. 1016-1030.
- “Using the concept of self-enhancement to build an integrated model of power and influence“
Journal Article: Pfeffer, J., & Fong, C.T., (2005). Organization Science, Vol. 16, pp. 372-388.
- “Assessing business schools: A reply to Connolly (forthcoming)“
Journal Article: Pfeffer, J., & Fong, C.T., (2003). Academy of Management: Learning and Education,
- “Dueling experiences and dual ambivalences: Emotional and motivational ambivalence of women in high status positions“
Journal Article: Fong, C.T., & Tiedens, L.Z., (2002). Motivation and Emotion, Vol. 26(1), pp. 105-121.
- “The end of business schools? Less success than meets the eye“
Journal Article: Pfeffer, J., & Fong, C.T., (2002). Academy of Management Learning & Education, Vol. 1(1), pp. 78-96.
- ““I’m innocent!”: Effects of training on judgments of truth and deception in the interrogation room“
Journal Article: Kassin, S.M., & Fong, C.T., (1999). Law and Human Behavior, Vol. 23(5), pp. 499-516.
- “Automatic activation of stereotypes: The role of self-image threat“
Journal Article: Spencer, S., Fein, S., Wolfe, C., Fong, C.T., & Duinn, M., (1999). Personality & Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 24, pp. 1139-1152.
Honors and Awards
- University of Washington Distinguished Teaching Award, 2011
- Grant recipient, Business and Economic Development Center, UW, 2009
- Nominee, Faculty Mentor award, UW Doctoral Business School Association, 2006-2008
- Winner, Academy of Management Learning and Education 2004
- Best Paper Award for "The End of Business Schools? Less Success than meets the Eye?" with Pfeffer, J., 2005
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Review
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Learning and Education
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Management Studies
- Reviewer, Academy of Management Journal
- Reviewer, Administrative Science Quarterly
- Reviewer, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
- Reviewer, Organization Science
- I teach Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Negotiations, and the Global Business Forum to Undergrads, MBAs, Evening MBAs, and Executive MBAs.