Office: 526 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3226
“Trading costs in futures and options markets are often much smaller than in cash markets. In addition, futures and options positions are not exposed to counter-party credit risk. These differences, together with leverage, explain the success of financial futures and options markets even in the presence of very liquid equity and fixed income markets.”
- Professor of Finance William W. Alberts Endowed Professor
- PhD Columbia University (1986)
- MPhil Columbia University (1982)
- MSSc Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1979)
- BA Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1976)
- asset pricing
- commodity markets
- financial markets
- risk management
- At the University of Washington since 1984
- Visiting Professor at the Technion of Israel, 1998-1999
- Visiting Professor at University of California Los Angeles, 1997-1998
- Taught at Columbia University, 1983-1984
- “Horizon Pricing“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., Korajczyk, R., Lou, X., & Sadka, R., (forthcoming). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
- “The Effects of Randomizing the Opening Time on the Performance of a Stock Market under Stress“
Journal Article: Hauser, S., Kamara, A., & Shurki, I., (2012). Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 15(4), pp. 392-415.
- “Has the U.S. Stock Market Become More Vulnerable Over Time“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., Lou, X., & Sadka, R., (2010). Financial Analysts Journal, Vol. 66(1), pp. 41-52.
- “The Divergence of Liquidity Commonality in the Cross-section of Stocks“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., Lou, X., & Sadka, R., (2008). Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 89(3), pp. 444-466.
- “The Nontradability Premium of Derivatives Contracts“
Journal Article: Eldor, R., Hauser , S., Kahn, M., & Kamara, A., (2006). Journal of Business, Vol. 79(4), pp. 2067-2097.
- “Conditional Time-varying Interest Rate Risk Premium: Evidence from the Treasury Bill Futures Market“
Journal Article: Hess, A., & Kamara, A., (2005). Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol. 37(4), pp. 679-698.
- “Volatility, Autocorrelations, and Trading Activity After Stock Splits“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., & Koski, J., (2001). Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 4(2), pp. 163-184.
- “New Evidence on the Monday Seasonal in Stock Returns“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., (1997). Journal of Business, Vol. 70(1), pp. 63-84.
- “The Relation between Default-free Interest Rates and Economic Growth is Stronger than you Think“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., (1997). Journal of Finance, Vol. 52(4), pp. 1681-1694.
- “Daily and Intradaily Tests of European Put-Call Parity“
Journal Article: Kamara, A., & Miller, T., (1995). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 30(4), pp. 519-539.
- Advisor, Darigold, Inc.
- Advisor, Dechert LLP
- Advisor, Safeco Corporation
- Advisor, Stoel Rives LLP
Honors and Awards
- Global EMBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008
- MBA Professor of the Quarter, Spring, 1994
- Outstanding Contribution to Undergraduate Education, 1995-1996
- Associate editor of the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 1996-2005
- Chairman of the Department of Finance and Business Economics, 2002-2006