Office: 471 PACCAR Hall
Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-3200
- Assistant Professor of Accounting Herbert O. Whitten Endowed Professorship
- PhD University of New South Wales (2007)
- Mcom University of New South Wales (2003)
- BCom University of New South Wales (2001)
- financial accounting
- At the University of Washington since 2012
- University of Utah, David Eccles School of Business, Assistant Professor of Accounting, 2007–2012
- University of New South Wales, School of Accounting, Lecturer in Accounting, 2003–2007
- Associate Lecturer in Accounting, 2002–2003
- “Aggregate Margin Debt, Future Returns, and Accounting Fundamentals“
Journal Article: Burger M. & Curtis A., (2016). Contemporary Accounting Research,
- “Investor attention and the pricing of earnings news“
Book: Curtis, A., Richardson V. and Schmardebeck, R., (2016). Handbook of Sentiment Analysis in Finance (Chapter 8), pp. 212-232.
- “Historical Cost Measurement and the Use of DuPont Analysis by Market Participants“
Journal Article: Curtis, A., Lewis-Western, M. and Toynbee, S., (2015). Review of Accounting Studies, Vol. 20(3), pp. 1210-1245.
- “An analysis of the implications of discontinued operations for continuing income“
Journal Article: Curtis, A., Mcvay, S. E., and Wolfe, M., (2014). Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol. 33(2), pp. 190-201.
- “Does Short-Selling Amplify Price Declines or Align Stocks with their Fundamentals?“
Journal Article: Curtis, A. and Fargher, N. L., (2014). Management Science, Vol. 60(9), pp. 2324-2340.
- “Forecasting Sales: A Model and Some Evidence from the Retail Industry“
Journal Article: Curtis, A., Lundholm, R. J. and Mcvay, S. E, (2014). Contemporary Accounting Research, Vol. 31(2), pp. 581–608.
- “The Disclosure of Non-GAAP Earnings Information in the Presence of Transitory Gains“
Journal Article: Curtis, A., Mcvay, S. E., and Wipple, B., (2014). The Accounting Review, Vol. 89(3), pp. 933-958.
- “A Fundamental-Analysis-Based Test for Speculative Prices“
Journal Article: Curtis, A., (2012). The Accounting Review, Vol. 87(1), pp. 121–148.
- “The Use of Earnings Forecasts in Stock Recommendations: Are Accurate Analysts More Consistent?“
Journal Article: Simon, A. and Curtis, A., (2011). Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Vol. 38(1-2), pp. 119–144.
- Asher Curtis, Valerie Li and Paige Patrick (2016) “The Use of Adjusted Earnings in Performance Contracts.”
- Asher Curtis and Robert Raney (2016) “Fair Value Estimates and Delayed Updating.”
- Terrence Blackburne, Asher Curtis and Anna Elsila (2016) “Perceived Accounting Quality and the Information Content of Prior Insider Trades.”
- Asher Curtis, Sarah McVay and Sara Toynbee (2016a) “Aggregate R&D Expenditures and Firm-Level Profitability of R&D.”
- Adam Booker, Asher Curtis and Vernon Richardson (2016) “Bulls and Bears: Investor Disagreement and Trading Volume Following Earnings Announcements.”
- Asher Curtis, Sarah McVay and Sara Toynbee (2016b) “R&D accounting and the tradeoff between exclusivity and uncertainty.”
- Asher Curtis and Hyung Il Oh (2016) “The Measurement of Speculative Investing Activities and Aggregate Stock Returns.”