Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98117
- Lecturer of Finance and Business Economics
- PhD Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2004)
- BSc Universitat Pompeu Fabra (1999)
- Visiting Professor, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, September 2013
- Adjunct Professor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, September 2012
- Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Pittsburgh, August 2004–June 2011
- Research Associate, IESE Business School, June–August 2002
- “The Effect of Household Appliances on Female Labor Force Participation: Evidence from Microdata“
Journal Article: Coen-Pirani, D. and Lugauer, S., (2010). Labour Economics, Vol. 17(3), pp. 503–513.
- “The Effect of Education on Fertility: Evidence from Compulsory Schooling Laws”
- “The Labor Market Effects of State and Local Expansions of the Earned Income Tax Credit” with Sunita Mondal
- “Does Ethnic Capital Matter? Identifying the Role of Ethnic Peer Effects in the Intergenerational Transmission of Ethnic Differentials”
- “Family Allowances and Female Labor Force Participation”
Honors and Awards
- MIT Graduate Economics Association (GEA) Award for excellence in teaching, 2005.
- ‘la Caixa’ fellowship for graduate studies in the United States, 1999-2001.
- Erasmus European Union scholarship for undergraduate studies in Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA), the Netherlands, 1998.