The Boeing Company…Microsoft Corporation… Starbucks Coffee Company…PEMCO Insurance Company… these Northwest leaders are among more than 440 companies that have sponsored their most talented managers and employees in the Executive Development Program (EDP). For the past 40 years, both large and small companies, such as Hos Bros. Construction, Puget Sound Energy and Group Health Cooperative, have discovered that the Executive Development Program is an effective way to provide leaders with advanced business education without demanding substantial time away from work and family.
EDP participation results in better decision-making and evaluation methods, a more enterprise-wide perspective, and out-of-the-box thinking that comes from sharing best practices with leaders in other industries. Managers have an opportunity to learn innovative strategies and processes from top MBA faculty members at the University of Washington Foster School of Business and a group of experienced peers.
Since 1970, the business community has sponsored nearly 2,000 participants by underwriting full or partial tuition, ensuring release time one afternoon a week and supporting their application of new learning at work.
Participants and sponsors report strong returns on their investment in the Executive Development Program, including:
- Improved budgeting and cost management
- Increased confidence in reading and understanding financial statements
- Better communication with employees, other managers, vendors, suppliers and customers
- A deeper understanding of operations, from technology systems to supply chain management
- New methods to assess marketplace issues and develop competitive strategies