The Holland America Line Global Case Competition is an annual event in which teams of undergraduate business students apply their knowledge and skills to a real-life international business problem. Panels of judges evaluate team analyses and recommendations based on the teams’ diagnosis of the problem, application of theory and classroom concepts, ability to communicate ideas, teamwork, and creativity.
- Grand prize: $1,000
- Pre-competition workshops
- 48 hours to develop analysis
- Preliminary and final rounds
- Awards reception
- Freshman Direct Track & $500 Prize
- Chance to be selected to represent UW in other international case competitions
- New this year: Opportunity to practice presentation in front of coaching judges prior to actual competition
Time Commitment Overview
- Pre-Competition Workshop, Friday, October 31, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Executive Education Classroom 310, Bank of America Building optional
- Kick-off Event, Tuesday, November 4, 5:30-7 p.m., Douglas Forum: 4th Floor Bank of America Building, required
- Case Analysis, 48 hours before presentations
Case Pick Up: Wednesday November 12, 5-6 p.m., Mackenzie Hall 137
Case Analysis: Wednesday, November 12, 5 p.m.– Friday, November 14, 5 p.m.
- Pre-Competition Coaching Session, Friday, November 14, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m., PACCAR Hall, optional
- Competition, preliminary & final round presentations, Saturday, November 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., PACCAR Hall and Dempsey Hall, required
- Awards Reception Saturday, November 15, 4-5:30 p.m., Anthony’s Forum: 3rd Floor, Dempsey Hall, required
Click on each heading to learn more.
Special thank you to Holland America Line for their generous support of this program.