The Board Fellows Program places MBA and MPA students as non-voting board members of local nonprofit organizations. Nonprofits receive short and long-term benefits; gain new perspectives and ideas on key organizational issues, receive access to resources at the University of Washington, and build the next generation business and civic leaders. Student fellows attend monthly board meetings, join a board committee, complete a board-level project, and participate in seminars taught by UW Evans School faculty.
For nonprofits the program provides:
- New skills and a fresh perspective from MBA and MPA students
- Ability to recruit and work with young leaders
- Access to students’ skills to advance a special board project
- Opportunity to shape the next generation of board leadership
To be considered for the program your organization must have an established board of directors, employ at least one full-time staff member, have a board with the capacity to support and mentor two student Fellows through a board-level project. Contact us to learn more.
- A Board member, the executive director or a designated staff member should complete the application.
- UW expects to have capacity to partner with a total of 35 organizations and around 70 MBA And MPA students for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- UW recommends that your organization’s application is submitted ASAP! The final application deadline is Friday, February 10, 2017 at 6:00pm.
2016-2017 Non Profit Boards
Boyer Children’s Clinic
Business Impact NW
Center For Human Services
Chief Seattle Club
Child Care Resources
Communities In Schools of Seattle
Economic Development Council
Equal Rights Washington Education Fund
Latino Community Fund of Washington State
Mwanzo Proud Farmers
Northaven Senior Living
Northwest Sustainable Energy for Economic Development (Northwest SEED)
Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program
Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest
ROOTS Young Adult Shelter
Rotary First Harvest
Rwanda Girls Initiative
Salish Sea Expeditions
Seattle Goodwill Industries
Seattle Repertory Theater
Southeast Youth and Family Services
Tiny Trees Preschool
Yoga Behind Bars
YWCA Seattle| King| Snohomish
We appreciate the support of Wells Fargo Bank, sponsor of the Board Fellows program since 2004.