Students in our program will receive direct, hands-on mentoring from leading Seattle entrepreneurs and investors. Your mentors will consist of a core group of Seattle founders, CEOs, venture capitalists, angel investors, and attorneys who have both foundational expertise and startup experience. Learn more about the mentors below.
Jay BartotCTO, Madrona Venture LabsRead Jay’s full Q&A
- About me I am passionate serial technology entrepreneur having been a part of half a dozen starts over 20 years (co-founded 4 startups with 5 acquisitions).
- My motto/tagline is: Always be learning. Get paid to learn!
- Fields of expertiseSoftware architecture, Data and machine learning applications, Technology innovation, Product design, Growth marketing, Fundraising, Startup leadership patterns and styles
Sarah BodenCOO, Bellegrove Medical SupplyRead Sarah’s full Q&A
- About me I am officially giving up on retirement. I need to solve hard problems in addition to attending spin and Barre classes.
- My motto/tagline is: Nothing meaningful comes without hard work and focus. And a sense of humor.
- Fields of expertiseBusiness Model validation, Product Viability, Market Facing Strategies.
Jacob Colker(Former) CMO, Lighter CapitalRead Jacob’s full Q&A
- About meInnovation leader with 15+ years of experience in digital marketing, go-to-market strategy, customer acquisition, customer research, analytics, and sales enablement.
- My motto/tagline is: What’s the *right* thing to do?
- Fields of expertiseMarketing, Customer Acquisition, Financial Models, Fundraising.
Brian DonaldsonManaging Partner, Gnu TalentRead Brian’s full Q&A
- About meA technology leader with extensive experience leading complex organizations and strategic initiatives in fast moving environments.
- My motto/tagline is: It always all about the people…
- Fields of expertiseProduct & Market Strategies.
Tim ElliotFounder and Managing Director, Amplify MarketsRead Tim’s full Q&A
- About meI help private sector and non-profit clients develop and introduce consumer products into challenging global markets.
- My motto/tagline is: The only permanent failure is the failure to keep breathing. Try again!
- Fields of expertiseProduct development and commercialization.
Catherine FordSenior Consultant, Heartline ConsultingCatherine’s full Q&A
- About meI am a business professional and consultant who helps technology companies and startups explore, create and expand new opportunities and initiatives. My expertise focuses on program management, marketing, communications and operations.
- My motto/tagline is: Love what you do and let your heart be your guide.
- Fields of expertiseProviding guidance on creating marketing and communications plans and program execution, strategic development, helping companies create their pitch, asking tough and important questions, playing devils advocate to drill down until you get to the answers you’re comfortable with.
Parag GheewalaIndependent Strategic AdvisorParaga’s full Q&A
- About meI advise companies (start-ups to global enterprises), entrepreneurs, legal departments, and attorneys on strategic business and legal matters.
- My motto/tagline is: The one each of my team members will never forget: “We don’t meet deadlines, we best deadlines.”
- Fields of expertiseLegal: Intellectual Property & Technology Licensing, Strategic Alliances
Jimmy JiaCEO,Distributed Energy ManagementRead Jimmy’s full Q&A
- About meI am an entrepreneur, educator and author, dedicated to solving real-world energy problems with a balance of technology, business and social impact.
- My motto/tagline is: Entrepreneur and educator at the forefront of innovation in energy finance.
- Fields of expertiseSales, customer development, product development.
Andy KleitschVP Product, CoinFlipRead Kleitsch’s full Q&A
- About meFor the past 15 years I’ve been a pioneer in mobile payments and mobile commerce. I’ve led innovative mobile products for Amazon.com, Citibank, AT&T Wireless and leading iOS and Android game developers. I have experience partnering with mobile operators around the world, a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, and experience with the latest proximity technologies including Bluetooth Low Energy beacons.
- My motto/tagline is:Everything is good. There are no bad outcomes – everything that happens is good.
- Field of expertiseThe Pitch: positioning the product/opportunity/go-big vision/highlights/sales projections/amount to raise.
Erik LoganCo-founder and CEO, Pogo LinuxRead Logan’s full Q&A
- About meThe opportunity for entrepreneurship exists everywhere- you just need to identify the need.
- My motto/tagline is:Two really:
1.Celebrate the wins, take the setbacks in stride.
2. Every dollar you spend should have a direct impact on revenue.
- Field of expertiseBusiness Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Pitching, and Operations.
Dennis LuoDirector of Software Alliances & Innovation, Intel CorporationRead Dennis’s full Q&A
- About meOver 23 years comprehensive experience in new innovation development and team leadership, including P+L responsibility for new startups, long and short term planning, team building, and market development.
- My motto/tagline is:“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
- Field of expertiseNew Product Innovation (entrepreneurship & intrapreneurship).
T.A. McCannSerial Entrepreneur, Rival IQ, Gist, HelpShareRead T.A.’s full Q&A
- About meI’m an active advisor to startup companies including Creative Live, Inkwell Media, and EveryMove and active investor via Founders Co-op and SKV, and direct angel investing.
- My motto/tagline is:Happy but never satisfied.
- Field of expertiseCustomer development, VC fundraising, product development.
Martin McCurryPresident, McCurry Investments, Inc.Read Martin’s full Q&A
- About meI am a private angel investor in small businesses and real estate in the state of Washington.
- My motto/tagline is:Hard work, Intelligence, and Teamwork (HIT).
- Field of expertiseWork-life balance, finance and accounting.
Mike MillerGeneral Partner, Liquid 2 VenturesRead Mike’s full Q&A
- About meA particle physicist by training, I enjoy both long term fundamental research and bringing new technologies to market.
- My motto/tagline is:Life is too short for anything but the truth.
- Field of expertiseWork life balance,venture capital, building the great group mentality, team dynamics/culture, Y Combinator, seed financing, cloud architecture, Mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and life post-acquisition.
Liz PearceCEO, LiquidPlannerRead Liz’s full Q&A
- About meI am an entrepreneurial leader with more than 15 years of marketing, product management and technology leadership experience.
- My motto/tagline is:The karma bus drives in circles.
- Field of expertiseGo To Market (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success),product development, fundraising, business models/pricing.
Barbara ProwantPartner, Prowant Law, PLLCRead Barbara’s full Q&A
- About meCorporate, Securities and Finance Attorney.
- My motto/tagline is:Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you are right!
- Field of expertiseBoard development, corporate legal issues, corporate formation/financing/deals, effective negotiation/
David RobertsFormer CEO, PopCap GamesRead David’s full Q&A
- About meSuccessful CEO with demonstrated experience in entrepreneurial tech companies. Led two companies to successful M&A exits. Strong product and technology skills.
- My motto/tagline is:It could always be worse
- Field of expertiseTech, Consumer products, General management, Hiring/HR, Finance, Culture
Ophir RonenProject Director, PagerDutyRead Ophir’s full Q&A
- About meI am an experienced Internet entrepreneur and the holder of six patents. I enjoy building and sharing knowledge.
- My motto/tagline is:Always say yes to trying something new.
- Field of expertiseCompany and product vision, Product Management, analyst relations, systems architecture.
Jeremy ZaretzkyCo-founder and President, WireSpring Technologies, Inc.Read Jeremy’s full Q&A
- About me I’m passionate about the startup and venture capital ecosystem in Seattle, and believe that our region is poised to become one of the world’s premier hubs for entrepreneurship.
- My motto/tagline is:Technology Executive, Startup Mentor and Ecosystem Builder.
- Field of expertiseBusiness models, product positioning, fundraising, operations, patents (I’m a named inventor on six US patents).