The Executive MBA Program uses a self-managed application process. Applicants are responsible for providing the necessary information and documents to complete an application. We have developed a resource to guide you through the application instructions. We recommend reviewing the document before accessing the online admission application.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and fully qualified applicants are admitted year-round for an Autumn Quarter start. NOTE: Application submission date is used to determine preference priority of the required International Immersion.
- March 1 – (highly recommended) for applicants whose native language is not English and/or have any degree from a non-U.S. regionally accredited university.
- May 1 – for applicants whose native language is English and have all degrees from regionally accredited universities in the U.S.
Application Requirements and Next Steps
Below you can find more information about all the required components of the application for the Executive MBA Program. Click on each heading to learn more.
Designed for potential applicants who have attended an information session or met with an EMBA admission representative. You are invited to attend an informative session to learn how to prepare the best application possible. In-person workshops begin at 6:00 p.m. (PDT) in the Bank of America Executive Education Center. Online sessions begin at 5:00 pm (PDT).
Please call us at 206-685-1333 for more information or RSVP online below.
Each entering class is made up of 75-85 participants who are selected to represent diverse industries, job functions and organizations. The minimum years of experience considered for admission into the EMBA Program is seven (7). The admission committee also evaluates each applicant according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated potential for general management
- Ability to successfully complete graduate work in management
- Probable contribution to the program
- Ability/willingness to commit the required time and energy
- Demonstrated record as an effective small team member
- Ability to enhance the class’ professional background diversity
Use of GMAT in Foster EMBA Admission
The GMAT is not required for applicants with an undergraduate degree or higher. However, individuals with scores from 2012 or later may submit them for admission consideration. Instead, all new entering EMBA students are required to complete the EMBA Summer Workshop.