Interested in sales or sales management? The UW Foster School of Business Professional Sales Program offers students a rewarding complement to an undergraduate degree. The program is open to all UW undergraduate majors with junior standing and a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA. Professional Sales Program students work with business partners in leading companies, polish their sales skills, and get real-world experience to prepare them for a career in sales.
Freshmen and Sophomores: Complete the prospective student information form so you can stay current on upcoming activities. We’ll also notify you when the application is available.
Why Earn a Sales Certificate?
- Develop strong presentation skills and confidence
- Gain hands-on sales experience in an industry of your choice
- Take advantage of prime sales internships and job opportunities
- Greater than 90% job placement rate
- Network with the business community
- Bonus: Sales courses count toward the Foster School Marketing Option
How to Apply to the Professional Sales Program
Students can apply to the Professional Sales Program once they have completed the prerequisites (Econ 200, Acctg 215 and Mktg 301) and once the application opens for their graduating class. Applications open every year during spring quarter. Students should apply to the program during the spring quarter of their junior year or fall quarter of their senior (graduating) year. Submitting an application early improves the chances of a match with the industry of your interest for the spring practicum.